Thursday, June 17, 2010

Good Day.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Bull Frogs and Babies!

Good day, one and all. I've decided that I really wished to begin a new blog rather than continue with my old one that has been dead for quite some time!

I'll probably be sharing all kinds of different things here. To give a fuller introduction of myself, I'm Susanna.

Homeschooled I was, and homeschooled I continue, thanks to The Great Courses. (Incidentally, if you've never heard of The Great Courses, they are well worth checking out!) I mention them only because I'm in the middle of two series, one on Victorian Britain and the other on Dutch Art, both of which are thoroughly fascinating, as are all their lectures.

Blessed with nine siblings life growing up was never dull. With six of them married at this point, life is slowing down at home. But my six nephews and four nieces do keep things lively at family events.
Blessed with incredibly smart, godly, loving and down to earth parents, I was encouraged to be quite independent and to explore any interest so long as it was a proper interest.

I was studying midwifery for a while, but I'm honestly not sure what I wish to do with that as nothing seemed to be working out. So I'm currently working at a Dairy Queen and gaining a lot of good experience in the restaurant business. One of my dream jobs is to open my own restaurant which serves delicious, quality but healthy food. Whether I get that dream is to be seen! There are plenty of other dreams competing for a place right now. :)

Sewing is an absorbing interest. I just completed the bridesmaid dresses for my brothers wedding a couple weeks ago. I sew pretty much everything except mens clothing, though one of my goals in life is to make a mans suit that would qualify as 'bespoke' quality! But, I have a long way to go before I arrive at that level of proficiency. I reenact the Civil War so a great deal of my sewing is for that time era, but I also do WWII sewing and a great deal of modern things.

1 comment:

  1. I would support your healthy restaurant!! I would be interested in talking with you about whole grain recipes if you have any. Tried a pretty good recipe with quinoa the other night.

    Your sewing abilities are a gift from God...I could think of many things for you to sew ;-). Thanks for your friendship!!

    ReplyDelete