Friday, July 2, 2010

Cuisinart!

Ever since I can remember, my parents have owned a Cuisinart food processor. Apparently, they bought it years ago, before my time, which makes it at least 21+ years old.

We used it all the time. A few months ago, I was grating asiago cheese and the tab holding the lid on broke. Since then, we've realized just how much we really did use it! Unfortunately it was so old, in order to fix it, we would have to purchase an entire bowl set up, as they've changed the design a bit. (No surprise there!) That meant, we could either spend $100+ on the replacement parts, or $160 on an entirely new food processor.

Well, Mom sent me to Bed Bath and Beyond today to purchase a new one.

I choose the Classic Series 14-Cup model as we still have 15 blades Dad purchased extra for the old one and they're all still perfectly good! Plus, I like traditional shapes and this is nearly identical to our old one. :)

I can't wait to use it for slicing cucumbers for pickling! Or grating more pramesan cheese for stuffed zucchini!

We're keeping the old base, as it still runs perfectly so it will always work for back up.

2 comments:

  1. Mmm..stuffed zucchini! Will you share your recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once I try it, I'll post it. I haven't had a chance to make it yet though.

    ReplyDelete